Provide support for continuous improvement of the staffing function through development and implementation of all staffing programs in an assigned geography or business line. With limited guidance, provide comprehensive support to management teams across assigned service areas, business units and departments. With guidance, provide expertise, support and advice on the staffing process to assigned management teams either locally, regionally, globally or by function. Lead a team of staffing professionals, in a direct line or matrix structure, to assure business delivery and results. Support employer branding.
Manage a staffing team for assigned business function/region, through a direct line or matrix reporting structure.
Develop a staffing team to ensure the provision of high quality HR support and consultancy. Manage staff in accordance with organization’s policies and applicable regulations. Responsibilities include planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance and guiding professional development; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing employee relations issues and resolving problems. Approve actions on human resources matters.
Provide input to the functional staffing budget and manage expenses within budget allocations.
Assist senior staffing management with regular evaluations of the applicant pool and assess, track and report on time to hire, cost to hire and, diversity of hires, to identify trends and cost effectiveness.
Oversee and manage special staffing projects as assigned including Applicant Tracking System implementation and maintenance.
Represent company at recruiting events and professional conferences. Plan and execute hiring events.
Assist with managing projects related to legislation in the recruitment process within HR and across the business, HR systems, practices, procedures and compliance.
With guidance, provide coaching and counseling to managers to effectively support business line/region strategic staffing goals.
Maintain data needed to improve policies and practices; recommend and implement enhancements to support a diverse workforce; ensure recruiters comply with local and regional hiring guidelines and procedures, particularly for applicant tracking.
Keep abreast of market trends and demand impacting the company’s ability to attract competitive candidates; coordinate with the compensation team on salary offer considerations and equity concerns.
Support activities and initiatives associated with change management involving reorganizations, mergers/acquisitions and transfers to ensure compliance with local legislation.
Ensure the provision of timely employee-related information to management teams as necessary.
May be responsible for meeting established financial targets and assisting with business development activities depending on business line.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Sound knowledge of legislation in the recruitment process
• Expert coaching and counseling skills
• Excellent problem-solving with sound judgment and decision-making skills
• Excellent presentation skills
• Good understanding and awareness of the commercial environment and market trends
• Good customer service skills
• Good ability to work in a matrix environment
• Good attention to detail
• Good computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications and HRIS applications
• Organization and project management skills in leading a project
• Strong leadership skills
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and very good interpersonal skills
• Effective influencing skills
• Very high degree of discretion and confidentiality
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers and clients
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or educational equivalent and 6 years experience within a staffing function as a recruiter or combination of recruiter and specialist experience including 1 year experience in a leadership capacity and experience operating with senior/ executive management teams; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience