Head of Biostatistics
A mid-sized CRO, with over 200 professionals located at their HQ in Italy, is searching for a Head of Biostatistics. They are rapidly looking to expand due to a strong and developing pipeline in a range of therapy areas including: Oncology, Hematology, Ophthalmology, Immunology + CVD. After successful expansion in their Biostatistics department, it is time to find a manager to head up this department and to take a hands-on strategic position to assist with their development.
For this position, my client is open to hearing from Statisticians who have line managed in the past. You don’t necessarily need past experience as head of a department. A successful manager looking to take a step up could be the perfect fit.
The Head of Biostatistics will be managing a team of 30-40 biostatisticians that range from junior staff (newly graduated) to experienced staff (5+ years’ of experience). Therefore, we are searching for someone who has great communication skills and the ability to adapt to mentoring a variety of skill sets.
Responsibilities will include:
• Establish and maintain SOPs
• Ensure processes are correctly applied
• Supervise biostatistics activities
• Define the timeframes + costs of projects
• Collaborate with other members of the company in preparing the biddings and invoices for sponsors
• Assist with the selection process and hiring of new statisticians
• Mentor junior statisticians
• MSc in Statistics
• 10+ years’ experience in the Pharmaceutical/CRO industry
• Fluent in English (Oral + Written)
• Leadership skills
• Line management experience (ideal)
To find out more or to apply for this position, reach out to Alexander Antoniou via email: firstname.lastname@example.org