Senior Clinical Research Associate – UK
Permanent Contract - Home Based
£37,800 gross per annum + £6,000 car allowance gross per annum
Closing date: 30 Nov 2017
Clintec is actively recruiting for a Senior Clinical Research Associate to join our expanding global company in the UK – Permanent Contract – Home based opportunity. By working for Clintec you can further your career in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and you can be assured of rewarding benefits.
The Senior Clinical Research Associate will identify, select, initiate and close-out appropriate investigational sites for clinical studies. The successful candidate(s) will monitor these sites in order to ensure ensuring compliance to the study protocol, Standard Operating Procedures, applicable regulations, and the principles of ICH-GCP. The SCRA will also be charged with ensuring the quality and integrity of data, compliance with relevant SOPs and regulatory requirements and study completion on time and within budget.
Responsibilities of the Senior Clinical Research Associate:
• Monitor clinical trials to ensure absolute adherence to Good Clinical Practice in accordance with ICH-GCP standards, Declaration of Helsinki, Federal Regulatory Requirements and study procedures
• Site management to ensure proper adherence to protocol, source data verification and assess CRF entries
• Develop, review and edit clinical trial related documentation including but not limited to; Case Report Forms, Informed Consent Forms, study specific handbooks, guidelines and checklists
• Assist with study protocol design, development and / or review if required
• Complete and compile all necessary research, documentation and information to gain appropriate regulatory and ethical committee approval where required
• Perform pre-study initiation, interim monitoring and close out visits as required
• Carry out drug formulation administration procedures and documentation records
• Ensure adequacy of drug shipment and drug accountability
• Liaise with the Medical Monitor, Principal Investigator, clinical operations staff and sponsor representatives as required
• Organise / attend investigator meetings as required
• Provide support to the Project Manager / Country Manager with ad-hoc tasks as required
• Mentoring of interns / University students / Trial admin staff
• Co-ordination of large studies.
• Act as Subject Matter expert for essential documents
• International monitoring experience (Regulatory and Ethics) including UK and Australia.
• Experience across all phases of Clinical research (I, II, III and observational studies).
• Experience working on studies using risk based monitoring (RBM)
• Experience of working as an unblinded SCRA.
• Experience working with trials using immunotherapy.
Essential Therapeutic Areas expertise
• Phase 1 Oncology experience, solid tumour oncology of the bladder, NSCLC and Myeloma.
• Cardiovascular experience
• Alzheimer’s Disease experience
• Multiple Sclerosis (MS) experience, including paediatric MS.
• Bachelors degree, equivalent or higher qualification within Medicine, Biological Science, Pharmacology, Nursing or a relevant life sciences discipline
• Clear understanding of the drug development process
• Significant experience in performing a Clinical Research Associate role
• Work experience within either a hospital, medical / research centre environment, Contract Research Organisation or Pharmaceutical company
• Proven track record of adherence to ICH-GCP and applicable UK regulatory requirements during the conduct of clinical trials
• Ability to contribute to the development of clinical trial related documents and materials
• Ability to independently perform pre-study initiation, interim monitoring and close out visits as required
• Working knowledge of IT packages SERMES, INFORM, CLMS and Veeva Vault
• Good communication skills including the ability to present complex information to both clinical and non-clinical disciplines
• Excellent presentation skills including the ability to meet exacting standards and a keen attention to detail
• Fluency in English
• Willingness and ability to travel
• Willingness and ability to be Home based
• Experience across a wide range of clinical indications / therapeutic areas
• Ability and experience to work with an electronic case report form (eCRF)
• Membership of local professional bodies or international clinical groups
• Ability to mentor, train, supervise and inspire confidence in newcomers to the industry
Clintec is a dynamic, UK headquartered, privately owned, full service Contract Research Organisation with a presence in over 50 countries worldwide. We have been providing clinical research support services to clients in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries and assisting in their key product development efforts for over two decades. At Clintec we have experience in managing clinical trials in all major therapeutic areas including oncology, rare disease, neurology, cardiovascular, psychiatry, infectious disease, rheumatology, immunology, respiratory and gastroenterology.
Clintec employees can expect to receive expert training and guidance throughout their careers as well as the opportunity to be involved in every aspect of Clinical Trials across the full life-cycle of the drug development process from the CRO perspective. We have strong partnerships with some of the world's leading pharmaceutical companies and employees can expect to be involved in some of the most prestigious drug development projects with the opportunity to develop, progress and travel globally. Clintec offers a competitive salary and rewards package.