SENIOR MEDICAL WRITER – located anywhere within Europe
Covance have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Medical Writer to join the team. The role is a full time permanent position and can be based anywhere within Europe.
• Responsible for preparation and coordination of clinical study protocols and clinical study reports (CSRs), and other documents as needed.
• Provide support for and participate in development of submission level documents under guidance of senior staff.
• Production of scientific publications and other documents (e.g., abstracts, posters, manuscripts, etc.).
• Interpretation of clinical, pharmacokinetic, pharmacodynamic and statistical results as appropriate.
• Lead and coordinates activities of other writers on higher complexity narrative projects.
• Ensure timely delivery of high quality documents to internal customers and Sponsors.
• Provision and development of intra- and inter-departmental training.
• Work with the management team to provide guidance and mentoring to Medical Writers to ensure the best working practices are maintained.
• Scientific presentations both internally within Covance and externally (e.g., conferences).
• Represents the company at scientific meetings and meetings with clients.
• Develop excellent working relationships with all clients, both internal and external, with the highest quality of service in a cost-effective manner on time, every time.
Candidates should ideally have a minimum of first degree in life sciences (or equivalent); advanced degree (e.g., PhD or Masters) preferred but not necessary - relative experience will be considered.
• Typically candidates should ideally have a minimum of 4 years medical writing experience including 2 years as medical writing project lead
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• In-depth knowledge of MS Word
• Excellent organizational and time management ability
• Detailed knowledge of ICH guidelines applicable to medical writing
• Deep understanding of medical/scientific terminology and experience in data analysis and interpretation
A career at Covance provides our employees the unique chance to create an immediate impact and difference in our patient’s lives. Joining Covance will offer a rewarding career, a chance to work in a high-energy & team oriented work place, and access to competitive benefits. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and a vast array of career options, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning. As a Covance employee, your work will be meaningful, the patient outcomes are real, and the results are lasting.
Our mission is to help our clients bring the miracles of medicine to market sooner -- join us for your next career move.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.
To apply for this position please upload your CV at www.covance.com