An excellent opportunity has arisen to join a leading pharmaceutical company as a Category Manager - Contract Manufacturing / CMO.
Our client has initiated a global Business Process and ERP Program to globally harmonize business processes and systems. For the upcoming template design and subsequent pilot phases, we are looking for a Procurement Professional with relevant experience in the Life Science industry to support the Category Management and Project organizations.
The role will be mainly responsible for two specific areas. On the one hand, Category Management for external manufacturing services in support of our global category manager who is part time supporting the ERP Program Procurement Workstream. On the other hand, program business core team member as a subject matter expert for CMO and other direct procurement related topics.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ATTRIBUTES: The minimum education, knowledge, experience, skills
and attributes required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Education and knowledge:
● University degree, with Business or Life Sciences degree preferable.
● Business level fluency in English.
● 3+ years in-depth strategic and operational procurement experience with knowledge of
category management and advanced strategic sourcing.
● 3+ years of overall business experience, including working within a regulated industry for
regulated categories with familiarity of relevant legal risks and issues.
● Requires excellent problem solving and analytical skills to resolve a variety of routine
and complex issues and to describe the business requirements accordingly
● Knowledge of process-based/cross-process IT systems (ERP and decentralized
systems) for the relevant functional area.
● Ability to analyze, design, describe and test IT solutions from an E2E business process
● Strong business process knowledge and experience in the respective functional area.
● Proven capability in negotiation, conflict resolution and stakeholder management.
● Excellent communication and project management skills.
● Change management and process improvement skills with direct experience in
delivering complex business process / organizational change.
● Demonstrated Knowledge of CMO procurement processes, standards and how they
relate to operational business
● Demonstrated business improvement experience based on very good knowledge about
Procurement business processes and the interdependencies to other business areas,
interfaces as well as the master data framework
Key People is a specialist international recruitment consultancy with over 25 years' experience of working within the life sciences, biotech, healthcare and CRO industries. Our experienced and dedicated clinical research related consultants have a long history of success, excellent technical knowledge and a flexible, consultative focussed approach to recruitment.
Please contact Mark Cussens, Clinical Research Recruiter on
Tel: +44 1727 817623 or email: email@example.com
Tel: +41 4350 86620 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Key People is a recruitment company with a reputation for providing good value that's been built up over 20 years.
-We achieve results faster
-Our candidates really are a cut above
-We add greater value
We think it's because we're a private company driven by clients, not by shareholders.