Our leading pharmaceutical company is looking for a Data Science Digital Pathology Advanced Analytics Project Leader.
Data Science Digital Pathology Advanced
Analytics Project Leader
The PHC Data Science Digital Pathology group seeks a talented and motivated Data
Scientist to join us in supporting the Digital Pathology efforts within Pharma
Development Personalized Healthcare (PHC). To aid in the development of novel
image-based software solutions in PHC and their potential use in clinical drug
development, the PHC Imaging Group is responsible for generating product
solutions by: (1) translating medical and scientific requirements into analytical and
algorithm development plans leading to validated algorithms (2) curating and ingesting
large image collections and (3) driving and growing the analytical pipeline to efficiently
train and validate new advanced analytics algorithms relevant to medical practice.
○ Through a motivated multifunctional team, translate the medical and
scientific requirements into concrete analytical plans, including data
needs and technology strategy.
○ Lead and coordinate a group of technical experts to execute on plans and
produce a product-ready model fitting the medical and scientific
requirements for a clinical product.
○ At time, contribute to hands-on coding, data preparation and technical
○ The job will utilize and build on your experience in digital pathology,
hands-on data- and image management, image analysis, application of
novel statistical and machine learning approaches to `big data', and
○ This position reports into the PHC digital pathology product R&D lead.
○ PhD and multiple years of practical experience in life science, image
analysis algorithm development, computational science applied to
imaging and medical applications
○ 3+ years in project leadership positions in R&D Pharma or Diagnostics,
including a solid experience in matrix leadership
○ Strong knowledge in leading digital pathology biomarker development and
○ Hands on experience in algorithm development, advanced analytics
including various approaches in deep learning.
○ Recognised knowledge in the digital anatomical pathology solutions and
relevant technologies. Track record of successful project leadership in
application development in digital pathology.